Island Theatre’s 2018 Ten-Minute Play Festival
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 14, 2018
Island Theatre invites Kitsap County playwrights – both established and aspiring – to submit original plays, no more than ten minutes in length, to Island Theatre’s 7th Annual Ten-Minute Play Festival. Winning plays will be announced in April. Each of the eight to ten plays selected will be performed three times at Bainbridge Performing Arts over a weekend in August TBA: Friday evening, Saturday matinee, and Saturday evening.
This contest is open to all playwrights, high school age and above, who are past or present residents of Kitsap County or have a strong Kitsap County connection.
- Each playwright may submit up to three separate entries; however, only one entry per playwright will be performed.
- Set, lighting, sound, costume and prop requirements MUST be MINIMAL.
- Cast must be in the range of 2 – 5 actors.
- Plays should run no longer than 10 minutes; longer submissions will not be considered. If you are uncertain about its length, please read the play aloud before submitting. Plays typically run a minute to a minute and a half per page of script.
- Content should be of interest to and suitable for high-school age and above audiences.
- All submissions should be in standard professional play format. The first page of the script should include the title, characters, and basic setting; title and page number should appear at the top of each page.
- Previously produced and/or work-shopped scripts will be accepted as long as they weren’t produced or work-shopped by Island Theatre or an Equity company. Adaptations will not be accepted.
- Winning playwrights agree to permit Island Theatre to produce their contest entry with full cast without compensation. Playwrights retain copyright and full ownership of their plays. Island theater reserves the right to use photography from the festival to promote its work. Plays will be video recorded during performance, though no video of any play will be published without consent of its author.
How to Enter
Email each script as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
No other formats will be accepted.
In the body of the Email include the following:
- Play title
- Playwright’s name, address, phone number(s) and email address
- Playwright’s connection to Kitsap County.
Each email should contain two PDF attachments:
- [“Play Name”] CONTACT PAGE repeats all the information in the body of the email.
- [“Play Name”]; ie., your play, free of all contact information
NOTE: Island Theatre has a blind judging policy. The playwright’s name and contact information cannot appear anywhere in the script, including title page, header/footer or embedded as document author.
TO ENSURE THAT ALL CONTACT INFORMATION IS REMOVED FROM YOUR PLAY, let your cursor hover over the document name to open it or right-click on the document. No name should appear. Failure to remove your name may result in disqualification of your script.
Submission Deadline: Monday, February 14, 2018
Winning submissions announced: April, 2018
Directors’ gathering: TBA
Open Auditions: TBA
Playwright/director/actor Meet&Greet: TBA
BPA stage rehearsals: August TBA
Festival Dates: August TBA
Questions? Call 206-842-3502.