2013 Island Theatre
Ten Minute Play Festival
Selected plays will be performed August 24 & 25 at Bainbridge Performing Arts
Call for Entries: Deadline - April 15
Island Theatre invites past or present Kitsap County playwrights – both established and aspiring – to submit original plays, no more than ten minutes in length, to the 2013 Island Theatre Ten Minute Play Festival.
The top play as determined by a panel of judges and Island Theatre will receive a cash prize. Fourteen (14) plays, including the prize-winning play and two Honorable Mention selections, will be produced for performances before live audiences during the Ten Minute Play Festival weekend in August.
• Open to playwrights, high school age and above, who are past or present residents of Kitsap County or who have a strong Kitsap County connection (please specify).
• You may submit up to three (3) separate entries.
• Set, lighting, sound, costume and prop requirements must be kept to a minimum. Casts must be in the range of 2 - 5 actors.
• The play may not run on stage longer than 10 minutes. If you are uncertain about its length, please read the play aloud before submitting. Plays typically run a minute to a minute and a half per page of script.
• Content should be suitable for high-school age and above audiences. Plays written for young audiences will not be considered unless the content would also be of interest to adults.
• Previously produced and/or work-shopped scripts will be accepted as long as they weren't produced or work-shopped by an equity company. Adaptations will not be accepted.
• Winning playwrights agree to permit Island Theatre to produce their contest entry with full cast a memorized performance or a staged reading without compensation. Playwrights retain copyright and full ownership of their plays.
Include a separate cover sheet with your name, address, phone number, and email address. If you are not currently a Kitsap County resident, please explain your connection to Kitsap County. The script itself should include page numbers, the title of the play, and no other identifying information. Do not put your name on script pages other than the cover sheet. We are committed to a blind reading policy.
Short Play Workshop – February 17
For more information, visit www.islandtheatre.org or phone: 206/276-7732.